Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is usually our Christmas dinner soup. Very rich and yummy ... albeit not at all calorie-wise.
Make and share this Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 78.07 ml flour
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- 473.18 ml water
- 4 egg yolks (optional)
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml rosemary, bruised
- 473.18 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- Sautee mushrooms and onions in butter in a large pot until soft.
- Dissolve bouillon in water.
- Optional: whisk egg yolks into bouillon water for a richer soup.
- Add flour to sauteed vegetables in pot, stirring in well.
- Slowly add bouillon water to pot, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add parsley and rosemary.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly, until soup is thickened.
- Note: At this point, you can save the "soup starter" in the refrigerator for next day completion, or continue on.
- To hot (or reheated) soup, add milk and cream.
- If further heating is needed, do it slowly and never, never let it boil after the milk/ cream are added!
- Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
I'm rating this for my daughter who gave me the recipe after father made it for her and she says it's REALLY good. She gave me the recipe so we can make it together too!