Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Julie Backus' "Italian Cooking"
- 400 g fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 100 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 1⁄2 liter milk
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- Saute mushrooms in 1/2 the butter, the salt, and pepper (10 minutes).
- Cover and cook over low heat (add hot broth if necessary).
- In another skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the flour.
- Add slowly the cold milk and salt until the liquid is thick.
- Puree mushrooms and combine with Bechamel sauce.
- Add broth to make four portions.
- Boil a few minutes.
- Add cheese and parsley.
I never knew that making cream of mushroom soup from home could be so easy and taste SO MUCH BETTER! Made and reviewed for FALL PAC 2009