1/1 Photo of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Love this tasty mushroom soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pull the caps away from the mushroom stalks.
- 2Finely slice the caps and chop the stalks, keeping the 2 piles separate.
- 3Heat the oil and half the butter in a heavy based saucepan and add the chopped onion, mushroom stalks and 1/2-3/4 of the sliced mushroom caps.
- 4Fry about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, and then cover and sweat over a gentle heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Gradually add the stock and milk to make a smooth, thin sauce.
- 7Add the basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Bring to the boil and then simmer, partly covered, for 15 minutes.
- 9Allow to cool slightly and then pour into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- 10Melt remaining butter in a heavy based frying pan, and fry the remaining mushrooms over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes until they are just tender.
- 11Pour soup into a large clean saucepan and stir in sliced mushrooms.
- 12Heat until very hot but not boiling and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Add the cream.
- 14Serve at once garnished with the basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: