Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
my mother made this for me all the time when I was a child and I loved it! however I've modified it slightly, so far I've had NO complaints from friends or family!
- 1 (355 ml) can mushroom soup
- 355 ml milk (preferably milk) or 270 ml water (preferably milk)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 3⁄4-3 1⁄2 cups instant rice, depends on how creamy you like it
- 1 -2 cheese slice (optional)
- 1 (355 ml) can mushroom stems and pieces or 1 (355 ml) canfreshly chopped mushrooms
- Mix the soup and milk and butter into a pot, stir and heat.
- once soup is heated, add rice, cover and let stand for 10 minutes(not 5),stir add the cheese if preffered,stir untill butter and cheese is melted and well mixed, then serve with a smile :).