1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A family recipe I grew up with from my Grandmother.. it is one of my favorite comfort foods. I've found that among the Korean and Japanese students I usually cook for this is one of their favorite meals that they always ask me to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare raw chicken chunks on a plate, whisk eggs together in a small bowl, and pour bread crumbs into a second small bowl. Gather the three dishes together near the stove-top for easy frying.
- 2Heat a generous amount of cooking oil in a frying pan on Medium-Medium High heat.
- 3Dip each piece of chicken into the eggs and then coat in bread crumbs before placing on the frying pan.
- 4Continue the previous step until all the chicken is fried, being careful to turn the chicken using tongs or cooking chopsticks to prevent burning. I usually only move the chicken once or twice while cooking so the breading stays on.
- 5When each piece of chicken is fully cooked, move it to another plate covered with paper towels to drain the grease before placing all of the chicken into a regular sized casserole dish.
- 6Once all of the chicken is fried and in the casserole dish, mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water in a bowl and cover the top of the chicken with the mixture. (I pour the soup into a bowl and simply refill each can with water).
- 7Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 45 minute or until the chicken is golden brown and soup is bubbling.
- 8Serve over white rice or pasta and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Mushroom Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 339.4 mg
- Sodium 2364.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 51.1 g