Recipe by mykomericankitchen
A family recipe I grew up with from my Grandmother.. it is one of my favorite comfort foods. I've found that among the Korean and Japanese students I usually cook for this is one of their favorite meals that they always ask me to make.
- 5 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 5 -6 eggs
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- cooking oil
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 20 ounces water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare raw chicken chunks on a plate, whisk eggs together in a small bowl, and pour bread crumbs into a second small bowl. Gather the three dishes together near the stove-top for easy frying.
- Heat a generous amount of cooking oil in a frying pan on Medium-Medium High heat.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the eggs and then coat in bread crumbs before placing on the frying pan.
- Continue the previous step until all the chicken is fried, being careful to turn the chicken using tongs or cooking chopsticks to prevent burning. I usually only move the chicken once or twice while cooking so the breading stays on.
- When each piece of chicken is fully cooked, move it to another plate covered with paper towels to drain the grease before placing all of the chicken into a regular sized casserole dish.
- Once all of the chicken is fried and in the casserole dish, mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water in a bowl and cover the top of the chicken with the mixture. (I pour the soup into a bowl and simply refill each can with water).
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 45 minute or until the chicken is golden brown and soup is bubbling.
- Serve over white rice or pasta and season with salt and pepper.