Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe on the Yahoo Cooking Dragon group. http://yhoo.it/hOb8tS (The link may be inaccessible if you are not a member of the group.)
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1 pint fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- Melt butter in a 4 quart sauce pan over medium heat. Saute onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until onions are transparent, roughly 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper, bacon, cream, water, and chicken stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with finely diced red bell pepper as a garnish. Leftovers will last 1 week in the refrigerator.