Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This quick dinner is absolutely yummy! Everyone always wonders what I put on my chops, and you wouldnt believe the flavor you get with the thyme! Add mashed potatoes and corn, and you have a full, delicious meal in no time!
- Put pork chops in frying pan.
- Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and onion salt.
- Over medium high heat, brown chops on each side for about 7-9 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, put on lid an simmer for 5 minutes.
- I usually have mashed potatoes for the gravy-- it is wonderful!
This is almost identical to the way I usually do pork chops and pork steak. The only addition is the thyme, which works very well. In the past I've used pork seasoning, or Cajun seasoning or Creole seasoning. You're right, it does make a delicious gravy. I did have to add a little water (sometimes I add a little milk for a richer gravy). Thank you for sharing Diggy!
Excellent, fast, and simple. When we had this last night my dh said that our dinners have really improved lately. Thanks Diggy for making me a good cook.
This is real comfort food..tender pork chops and rich, tasty, satisfying gravy to slather all over everything. We enjoyed this one alot. It's so fast too. I had to add water too to make a good consistency, about half a can. Thanks!