Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love soup during the winter time and I also low carb. This is a soup that is both spicy and will keep you warm.
- 1 (16 ounce) container fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up into bite size pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place butter and olive oil in a large pot. Add mushrooms and sauté until cooked down. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the cauliflower and tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Stir in the Velveeta so it has a nice creamy and cheese consistency and then with a stick blender, blend the soup to your liking.
- I like mine with a few chunks in it. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste. You can add almost any kind of vegetable to this. Sometimes I just use Broccoli and Cauliflower and sometimes I add ground turkey and onions with out veggies to make a taco soup.