1/1 Photo of Cream of Morel Mushroom Soup
My husband is an avid Morel hunter. This is a deliciously rich soup. From Morelheaven.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop morels finely. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 2Melt 1/3 of the butter in a pan and cook the onion and garlic in it until soft and yellow, but not brown.
- 3Add morels and cook until juices are absorbed by the mushrooms.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan. Stir in the flour then add hot stock, gradually, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- 6Simmer 20 minutes.
- 7Add the mushroom mixture and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 8Correct seasonings. Take off heat and add cream. Serve hot.
- 9(from The Curious Morel, and Basically Morels).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Morel Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.5
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 1174.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g