My husband is an avid Morel hunter. This is a deliciously rich soup. From Morelheaven.com
Make and share this Cream of Morel Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Chop morels finely. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Melt 1/3 of the butter in a pan and cook the onion and garlic in it until soft and yellow, but not brown.
- Add morels and cook until juices are absorbed by the mushrooms.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan. Stir in the flour then add hot stock, gradually, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the mushroom mixture and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Correct seasonings. Take off heat and add cream. Serve hot.
- (from The Curious Morel, and Basically Morels).