Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The easiest, absolutely most delicious soup ever!!!! My family can not get enough of it and neither can I. Just amazingly delicious!!! Makes a great meal with the addition of a salad and some nice bread and cheese.
- 1 lb mushroom (even betteer with assorted wild, particularly shitake)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Wash, slice and bring mushrooms to a boil in skillet with water to cover.
- Drain and set aside.
- In skillet, cook covered the onions, celery and carrots in 3 T butter.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water and bouillon.
- simmer uncovered 10 minute
- Add salt, pepper, evap milk and milk.
- Bring almost to a boil.
- Mix the flour with the 1/4 c water.
- Add slowly; cook and stir about 10 min or until just about to boil.
- Feast away!