Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
MMM..mangoes! I love mangoes. This sweet soup was different the first time I had it. I was raised soup was hot. I'd never had cold soup till I got to college. But I love it now, usually sipping it from a mug from the freezer on a hot summer day. This one is deelish, especially with the berries on top. Cooking time is chill time.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- blueberries (garnish)
- coarsely chopped strawberry (garnish)
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and rind, and coarsely chopped mango in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, and process until smooth.
- Whisk cream and milk together in a large bowl until frothy. Slowly add mango mixture, whisking constantly.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, stir, ladle into chilled bowls and garnish each serving with fresh blueberries and coarsely chopped strawberries.
Yum yummity yum yum. My family says it might be the best thing I've ever made for them. I didn't have heavy cream, so I used 4 cups of 2% milk and about 125g creme fraiche. Also subbed packaged lemon juice for fresh -- unbelievably tasty nonetheless. Took all of 10 minutes to make and was worth every second. Fantastic recipe.