1/1 Photo of Cream of Leek Soup
Tea Jenny's Note:
This is a very tasty soup, I like to serve with nice crusty bread but croutons would be nice. If you don't want to use heavy cream with all the calories you could use half fat creme fraiche I use the lower fat version and it works out fine, just don't over heat if rewarming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1chop the vegetables. Melt the butter and saute the vegetables for a few minutes,stirring occasionally.
- 2Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Allow to cool slightly before blending in a liquidizer.
- 4Return to pan and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- 5Stir in the cream and reheat without boiling.
- 6Serve with some nice crusty bread and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 55.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: