Recipe by Tea Jenny
This is a very tasty soup, I like to serve with nice crusty bread but croutons would be nice. If you don't want to use heavy cream with all the calories you could use half fat creme fraiche I use the lower fat version and it works out fine, just don't over heat if rewarming.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made just half a recipe for the 2 of us & I did use your suggestion about using the creme fraiche, & that worked out great! You have a wonderful recipe here, one I'd like to make sometime again in the future for some special dinner guests! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game]
- 2 large leeks
- 1 small potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 pints vegetables or 2 pints chicken stock
- salt pepper
- 1⁄4 pint heavy cream or 1⁄4 pint creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- chop the vegetables. Melt the butter and saute the vegetables for a few minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending in a liquidizer.
- Return to pan and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Stir in the cream and reheat without boiling.
- Serve with some nice crusty bread and enjoy.