1/1 Photo of Cream of Leek Soup
Remember to use the bottom parts of the leek only. The top green parts are not good, although I'm not really sure why. If you don't want to use vegetable broth, you can substitute chicken broth instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the vegetables and vegetable broth in a stock pot, or large pot and let it boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 45 minutes.
- 2Once properly cooked, use the blender to blend in batches (use an immersion blender if you have so you can do it all at once).
- 3Mix the milk and yogurt together and add half a cup of the soup so that the mixture won't curdle.
- 4Add the mixture back into the soup and add the seasonings. Reheat the soup, until warm again, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 68.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: