Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
creamy leeky goodness.
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 3 small leeks, washed & coarsely chopped (1/2 lb.)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Saute the chopped bacon in a large saucepan for 3 minutes. Add the onion, celery and leeks and saute 5 minutes. Pour in the stock, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour the soup in a blender and puree. Return the soup to the pan and add light cream. Heat, but do not boil. Serve sprinkled with finely chopped chives.