1/1 Photo of Cream of Jerusalem Artichoke/Sunchoke Soup
A creamy creation of Jerusalem artichokes and other fresh veggies to really bring out the flavor in this unique and delicious tuber.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb jerusalem artichoke, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, washed and cubed
- 2 leeks, halved, rinsed and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1.5 (50 ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium high heat until the scent starts to bloom.
- 2Add onions, leeks, and garlic to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. About 5 minutes.
- 3Add Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to keep at a low boil.
- 5Cook 15-20 minutes, or until Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes are tender.
- 6Reduce heat to low. Using a stick blender, or by transferring to a blender, puree soup until smooth.
- 7Stir in cream.
- 8In warmed soup bowls place 1/3 cup baby spinach leaves and ladle soup over until it covers spinach.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Jerusalem Artichoke/Sunchoke Soup
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 1786.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 12.4 g