A creamy creation of Jerusalem artichokes and other fresh veggies to really bring out the flavor in this unique and delicious tuber.
- 1 lb jerusalem artichoke, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, washed and cubed
- 2 leeks, halved, rinsed and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1.5 (50 ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium high heat until the scent starts to bloom.
- Add onions, leeks, and garlic to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. About 5 minutes.
- Add Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to keep at a low boil.
- Cook 15-20 minutes, or until Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Using a stick blender, or by transferring to a blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Stir in cream.
- In warmed soup bowls place 1/3 cup baby spinach leaves and ladle soup over until it covers spinach.