Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Those of you who love "hot stuff", here's a new one. Friend of mine loves the hot stuff and I emailed this to her. Please be very careful when chopping the jalapeño peppers.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, minced
- 1 large bell pepper, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 dash salt
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour and stir 3 minutes.
- Mix in stock and cream.
- Increase heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over low heat.
- Add onion, carrot and green pepper.
- Cook until soft, stirring occasionally about 8 minutes.
- Mix in jalapenos.
- Add both cheeses to cream mixture and stir until melted.
- Mix in vegetables.
- Season with salt and serve.