1/2 Photos of Cream of Jalapeño Soup
Very tasty. For a richer soup, use the heavy cream and serve small portions. To make vegetarian, just sub veggie broth for chicken stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups half-and-half (or heavy cream if you prefer)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan and sauté jalapeños, onion, and garlic for 8- 9 minutes.
- 2Stir in tomatoes and cook for another 7 minutes (should be saucy).
- 3Scoop avocado flesh into a small bowl and break it up coarsely with a fork.
- 4Add to veggies, heat briefly, then stir in half& half (or cream), chicken stock, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- 5Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Do not boil!
- 7Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- 8Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Jalapeño Soup
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.8
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 14.7 g