Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I couldn't find anything like this on the Zaar so I am posting it. I found this in the local paper. Definitely for a sophisticated palette! Unique but not overpowering! I really like it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 scallions, sliced whites and 1 inch green
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock (or water with boullion) or 3 cups vegetable stock (or water with boullion)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- white pepper
- Saute scallions and parsley in butter for 2 minutes or until scallions are soft.
- Stir in horseradish and applesauce and saute for another minute.
- Stir in wine & broth and bring to a simmer.
- In small bowl mix flour in 1/3 cup of cream until wel blended. Add remaining cream and whisk throughly. Add cream slowly to simmering soup and return to simmer until thicked.
- Check for seasoning and add white pepper.