1/1 Photo of Cream of Garlic Soup With Root Vegetables
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Attention Garlic Lovers! This is a recipe from Israeli chef Avi Biton of the Adora restaurant, Tel Aiv. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 garlic cloves, plus
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and cubed
- 2 medium onions, cubed
- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and cubed
- 3 quarts water
- salt and black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1Preheat your oven to 375*F. Place 20 cloves of peeled garlic in a small baking pan, and pour over 1/4 cup olive oil. Bake 30 minutes, or until tender.
- 2In a large pot, heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and saute the root vegetables with 5 cloves garlic, 5 to 8 minutes. Add water, salt, pepper and thyme, bring to a boil and cook over medium heat 40 minutes. Add the baked garlic with its oil to the soup, and grind with a stick blender or food processor. Straiin and add the 1/2 cup heavy cream. Taste and adust seasonings. Serve and enjoy!
- 3For a decorative presentation, serve with Puff Pastry Croutons, posted seperately.
- 4Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Garlic Soup With Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.2
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 27.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: