Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple yet delicious. Croutons are a must.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 20 ounces canned chicken broth
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- Melt butter.
- Add garlic, stirring.
- Cook until soft but not brown (2 minutes).
- Stir in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Slowly stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Stir in cream and spices.
- Do not boil.
- Pour off a little of the soup into a bowl.
- Mix the egg yolk into the soup in the bowl.
- Return the soup to the pot, stirring well.
- Serve hot with croutons.
Garlic Lovers Be For Warned!! You may eat the whole pot of soup yourself. This is a lovely creamy bowl of soup that would be an excellent starter for any dinner. I did not have a small can of broth so I used 20 ounces of water with 3 chicken bouillon cubes. In step 9/10 I added the soup to the egg first by 1 teaspoon at a time. As I felt the bowl getting warmer then I added by tablespoonful. When it was to hot to hold I then added it back to the pan. I'll make this one again! I adopted this Chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game