1/1 Photo of Cream of Fresh Vegetable Soup (Vegetarian)
This is a fantastic recipe that I make all the time, I use part olive oil and part butter to make it a tad healthier and usually 1% or 2% milk. I find that adding fresh onion and garlic and powdered onion and garlic adds a lot more flavor to the dish. BTW things are approximate as this is something I just throw together, may need more or less depending on personal taste. Always taste while you cook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or other heart healthy oil)
- 4 -8 garlic cloves (depending on preference)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 -4 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, frozen peas, parsnips, celery)
- 2 tablespoons roasted vegetable stock base (or one package of kombu stock, my favorite)
- 2 cups water (or 1 and 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup white wine)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herb (or more, Basil, Cilantro, Green Onion, and or Rosemary)
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cracked pepper, and salt as desired
- 1Saute garlic, onion and potatoes in butter/olive oil until onions are translucent over medium heat.
- 2Add parsnips and carrots, cook for 3-5 minutes. (Add wine and/or rosemary here if you are going to).
- 3Pour water into pan with preferred stock base and add garlic and onion powder. Add celery. Cook until potatoes are soft.
- 4Add peas.
- 5Add fresh herbs.
- 6Mix milk and cornstarch and add slowly, cook for a few more minutes until hot and thick. (If not thick enough add more cornstarch mixed with cold water).
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Fresh Vegetable Soup (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 355.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: