This is from the original Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook. It is an incredibly delicious fresh soup! It is ridiculously simple and is specifically designed for very, very fresh green beans - straight from a garden, if possible. The simplicity assumes that the beans are delicious in and of themselves. If you try this with inferior (old, tough, out-of-season) or frozen beans, the results can't be guaranteed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam the green beans until just tender and bright green.
- 2Use a blender to purée the beans in the milk until very smooth.
- 3Return the purée to the pot and season to taste.
- 4heat very gently (don't boil it) just before serving.
- 5You can also chill the soup and serve it cold.
- 6Top each serving with a scattering of minced fresh herbs, if desired.
- 7Note: You can use half rich chicken stock and half milk- or even cream- for a more intense soup.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Fresh Green Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 69.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g