Recipe by NannyMarvel
Another delicious soup created around a basic soup base.
Top Review by Hope H.
I had a ton of Green beans from the garden, seems like that is what most everybody else had. I didn't have shallot's or potato's and I didnt feel like sitting in traffic for that. SO.. what I did was, omit the shallot, added a home grown white onion.. and I didnt have potato's.. I changed that for french fries.. It's awesome! No one will ever know.. if you don't tell them! :-} I also added home grown chili's for a lil "pep".... good for the soul! Thanks for sharing this recipe.. super easy and tastes great! Cheers!
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 354.88 ml fresh green beans, cut in pieces
- 2.46 ml dried savory, crushed
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, chopped onion, green beans and savory.
- Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetable is tender.
- Place half of the vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or till smooth. Take care when blending hot liquids. Pour into bowl.
- Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture; set all aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter or margarine.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk all at once, whisking till smooth.
- Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the blended vegetable mixture.
- Cook and stir till soup is heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.