1/1 Photo of Cream of Fresh Green Bean Soup
Another delicious soup created around a basic soup base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, chopped onion, green beans and savory.
- 2Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetable is tender.
- 3Place half of the vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor.
- 4Cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or till smooth. Take care when blending hot liquids. Pour into bowl.
- 5Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture; set all aside.
- 6In the same saucepan, melt the butter or margarine.
- 7Whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
- 8Add the milk all at once, whisking till smooth.
- 9Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 10Stir in the blended vegetable mixture.
- 11Cook and stir till soup is heated through.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Fresh Green Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.2
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 484.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g