Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Creamy, slightly sweet and yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, chopped onion, carrots, parley and basil. Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until vegetable is tender.
- Place half of the vegetable mixture in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend 30 to 60 seconds or till smooth. Take care when blending hot liquids.
- Pour into bowl. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture; set all aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter or margarine. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Add the milk all at once, whisking till smooth. Cook and stir till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the blended vegetable mixtutre.
- Cook and stir till soup is heated through.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
I made this soup and used it as a sauce over chicken and rice. As such, it was really good. Definitely something to make again.