Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
South Beach Diet Friendly (Phase 2)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped carrot
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream (or to taste)
- parsley (optional)
- Cook all vegetables in the broth until very tender (app. 30 minutes) at low heat.
- When cauliflower is very soft, transfer the vegetables to a blender. Puree to desired consistancy.
- Transfer puree back to pan & add sour cream. Stir to blend.
- Add parsley & serve.
- The sour cream took away some of the sweetness from the veggies.
Not bad, but I wouldn't try to fool anyone with it...although I didn't measure my veggies so I may have added too much of the fresh ones...I still thought it was yummy and will make it again.