Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The realtors sent a recipe flyer. How did they know how much I would like that? All the cream of crab soups posted here sounded so good but this one does too and was different enough to post. I guessed time and servings.
- 1 pint crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons salt
- pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons flour, divided
- Bring milk almost to a boil and add the rest of the ingredients except flour and water.
- Make a paste of the flour, using just enough water added to it to get a paste texture and blend paste into the soup.
- Bring this mixture to almost a boil and repeat the paste blend made now from the last 3 tablespoons flour and blend in again.
- Stir to blend and serve.
This recipe calls for entirely to much salt and old bay. I wasted a $24 lb of lump crab meat on this. I am from the eastern shore of maryland and trust me, this recipe is close to great as long as you only season to taste!