Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a surprisingly simple and delicious soup. Versatile, you can add potato or cauliflower or other veggies, if you like. :)
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, or 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (which I prefer)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 dash white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 quart whole milk ((2% is okay, if you must, but don't go any lower))
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water.
- Cook onion in butter until tender, blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk and bouillon gradually; cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add crabmeat, heat.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Note: you can saute a clove of garlic along with the onion, too.
- (An adopted recipe.)
This recipe is wonderful, very easy to make. I added some olde bay seasoning and worchestershire sause. It gave the soup more favor.
A total indulgence even though I reduced the amount of butter to 1/2 cup and used 2% milk. I could not get enough of this. Thank you.