jenny butt's Note:
This delicious soup is traditional to Barbados...........recipe printed in Foods of the world series Time/Life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over moderate heat in large saucepan.
- 2When butter bubbles,add flour & mix thoroughly.
- 3Pour in a6 Tblsp of stock.
- 4cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens & comes to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low & simmer for 3 mins to cook flour.
- 6Stir in finely mashed eggs, rest of stock,cream, milk,salt & pepper.
- 7Bring to booil over high heat, still stirring.
- 8Reduce heat to moderate and add sherry, crabmeat, lime juice & bitters.
- 9cook for 2 - 3 mins more to heat crabmeat through.
- 10Taste for seasoning.
- 11serve at once from heated tureen or in iundividual soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.0
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.4 mg
- Sodium 1460.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: