Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This delicious soup is traditional to Barbados...........recipe printed in Foods of the world series Time/Life.
- Melt butter over moderate heat in large saucepan.
- When butter bubbles,add flour & mix thoroughly.
- Pour in a6 Tblsp of stock.
- cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens & comes to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low & simmer for 3 mins to cook flour.
- Stir in finely mashed eggs, rest of stock,cream, milk,salt & pepper.
- Bring to booil over high heat, still stirring.
- Reduce heat to moderate and add sherry, crabmeat, lime juice & bitters.
- cook for 2 - 3 mins more to heat crabmeat through.
- Taste for seasoning.
- serve at once from heated tureen or in iundividual soup bowls.