Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This soup is so easy and has lots of crabmeat in every spoonful. Your family will love the flavor, and it is always a hit at family gatherings.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 can chicken broth
- 5 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (any Crab seasoning will do)
- salt & pepper
- Melt margarine in large Dutch Oven.
- Blend the flour with margarine stirring until smooth.
- Stir in broth and seasonings.
- Slowly add milk, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Add the crab to the soup but do not allow the soup to boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
As written we thought this had too much liquid. I did use the can of broth and only four cups of milk and we still thought it didn't have any substance. I ended up adding another pound of crab, two cans of potato soup and a can of diced potatoes. We thought the flavors were good as written but needed the additions to make it good for us
This was so simple to make and so delicious I substituted half and half for sthe milk.I saved some for my daughter who took it to work yesterday she called me after eating it when I answered the phone the word I heard was "YUMMY". I had to laugh she is my picky eater. Give this a try you wont be sorry.
This soup was great. Very tasty. We had it with oyster crackers.