Recipe by Teresa Fadley
This soup is so easy and has lots of crabmeat in every spoonful. Your family will love the flavor, and it is always a hit at family gatherings.
Top Review by bmcnichol
As written we thought this had too much liquid. I did use the can of broth and only four cups of milk and we still thought it didn't have any substance. I ended up adding another pound of crab, two cans of potato soup and a can of diced potatoes. We thought the flavors were good as written but needed the additions to make it good for us
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 can chicken broth
- 5 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (any Crab seasoning will do)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in large Dutch Oven.
- Blend the flour with margarine stirring until smooth.
- Stir in broth and seasonings.
- Slowly add milk, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Add the crab to the soup but do not allow the soup to boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve.