Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had this soup at a bridal shower my sister's mother-in-law to be gave for her. It is DELICIOUS, and my sister was able to get the recipe for me. So rich and creamy.....a real artery clogger.
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 cups milk
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 2 lbs crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and saute in soup pot with butter on low until onion is soft& clear.
- Add milk, Half& Half, and heavy whipping cream.
- Add crab meat.
- When it starts to boil, make a paste of cornstarch& chicken broth and add to soup to thicken.