Recipe by Sassy Cat
Great as a side dish or add chicken, turkey, crab or shrimp for a one-dish meal. From Betty Croker
- 2 cups broccoli florets or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets
- 15 ounces cream-stlye corn (1 can)
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten or 1⁄4 cup fat-free fat-free liquid egg product
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon bacon bits (I use Hormel)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- heat 1 inch water(salt if desired) to boiling in 2-quart saucepan.
- Add broccoli.
- Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain. If using frozen broccoli cook according to directions.
- Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix broccoli, corn, egg whites, onion, bacon bits and pepper; spoon into casserole.
- Cut desired shapes from bread with small cookie cutters.
- Spread margarine side up on broccoli minture.
- Cover and bake about 45 minutes or until mixture is hot and bread coutouts are toasted.