1/1 Photo of Cream of Coconut Poke Cake
Quick, Easy & Delicious Cake. I have taken it to many potlucks and it is always one of the first to be eaten. My Dad loved this cake. If you can't find a Coconut Cake Mix, you can use Yellow or White cake mix also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 (or as Directed on Cake Mix).
- 2Mix together Cake Mix, Eggs and Oil (as per cake mix instructions).
- 3Once you have the cake mixed, stir in 1/2 - 1 cup of coconut.
- 4Pour batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- 5Bake Cake according to instructions on box, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- 6Remove cake from oven, and give it just a few minutes to cool a little.
- 7While cake is still warm, poke holes in it. I use a serving fork to make big enough holes, so all the yummy cream of coconut can really get into the cake.
- 8Shake the Cream of Coconut very well to make sure the juice and the coconut are mixed well, you may even have to stir a little bit with a spoon after you open the can.
- 9Pour Cream of Coconut all over the warm cake, make sure to get around the edges too.
- 10Allow cake to cool and soak up all of the juice, I usually let mine sit overnight.
- 11Ice with Cool Whip and then put remaining coconut on top.
- 12If you want you can tint the coconut on top with food coloring for any holiday.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Coconut Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.1
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 79.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coconut cake mix