Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A new twist on a southern favorite.
Make and share this Cream of Coconut Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie pastry
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup cream of coconut, well stirred
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecan halves
- whipped cream
- Freeze unbaked pie shell until you are ready to fill it; preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and brown sugar until smooth.
- Whisk in cream of coconut, butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and vinegar; stir in the pecans.
- Carefully pour into the chilled pie shell; using a fork, gently rake to distribute the nuts evenly.
- Place the pie on the center oven rack and bake for 20 minutes, the rotate pie 180 degrees; continue baking until the filling has puffed slightly around the edge and the center is set.
- To check, give the pie a quick little nudge; the filling should jiggle, not move in waves, below the nut-crusted top.
- Transfer pie to wire rack; let cool thoroughly; cover loosely with tented foil and refrigerate at least 2 hours; serve garnished with whipped cream.
Rich and delicious pie! The recipe was not very specific on the baking time--I baked for a total of about 45 minutes and it came out just right.