Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
I tried several recipes for chicken in Coconut Sauce and just could not find one that suited me. I adapted another recipe to make this one and am very pleased with the results. My father thought it was a little too sweet, but I loved it, just like I get at a Chinese restaurant.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, over med-high heat, sauté onion and garlic.
- Cut chicken into medium size pieces and place in skillet and brown both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add carrots and jalapeno peppers, continue cooking.
- Add spices to coconut milk and mix well.
- Pour mixture over chicken in skillet and cover.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until chicken is done; about 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to keep from sticking.