Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I originally printed this from Allrecipes, and it was submitted by Corinne. Posting here to have with all my other recipes.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut (I usually use more)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, cream of coconut, and sour cream; mix well for 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cake cool.
- For frosting: Combine cream cheese, vanilla, milk and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle with flaked coconut.
We were very disappointed in this cake, as it was very heavy, and had a most unusual 'silky' texture. But trying new recipes is still important.