Recipe by Pinay0618
Cayenne pepper and green chile peppers add a spiciness to this creamy soup. Nice served with cornbread, corn muffins, or corn sticks.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious!! We really loved this yummy soup. It goes together quickly and easily and is full of flavor. I made this as written, except that I used cooked, diced boneless chicken breast instead of the ground meat. I added it to the pan (with a small amt. of oil) while sauteing the onion and garlic. Also, I didn't drain either the Mexicorn or green chiles, I used cilantro instead of parsley, and added only 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder. Everyone in my family gave this soup 2-thumbs up as they gobbled it up and were asking for more. This doesn't make a large batch, so next time, I will definitely double the ingredient amounts. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs*
- 8 ounces uncooked ground chicken or 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook ground chicken or turkey, onion, and garlic until chicken or turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Drain fat, if necessary.
- Stir in milk, cream of chicken soup, corn, chopped tomato, chile peppers, cilantro or parsley, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.