Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cayenne pepper and green chile peppers add a spiciness to this creamy soup. Nice served with cornbread, corn muffins, or corn sticks.
- 8 ounces uncooked ground chicken or 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook ground chicken or turkey, onion, and garlic until chicken or turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender.
- Drain fat, if necessary.
- Stir in milk, cream of chicken soup, corn, chopped tomato, chile peppers, cilantro or parsley, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
Delicious!! We really loved this yummy soup. It goes together quickly and easily and is full of flavor. I made this as written, except that I used cooked, diced boneless chicken breast instead of the ground meat. I added it to the pan (with a small amt. of oil) while sauteing the onion and garlic. Also, I didn't drain either the Mexicorn or green chiles, I used cilantro instead of parsley, and added only 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder. Everyone in my family gave this soup 2-thumbs up as they gobbled it up and were asking for more. This doesn't make a large batch, so next time, I will definitely double the ingredient amounts. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs*