Recipe by Norahs Girl
A lovely Warming Chicken soup,I serve it with Garlic toasts. You can add some finely chopped up chicken meat if you prefer a chunkier Soup.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 15 ml mustard powder
- 2 liters strong home-made chicken stock
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons dry tapioca, soaked in 1 cup of water,drained
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 4 bunches fresh watercress, , blanched,refreshed and chopped
- 125 ml softly whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When hot and bubbly, stir in flour and mustard.
- Continue to stir until mixture turns golden.
- Gradually add chicken stock, stirring or whisking constantly to smooth away any little lumps of flour.
- Sprinkle with seasoning to taste.
- Whisk yolks into cream.
- Slowly add a little thickened chicken stock and blend.
- Remove pot of chicken stock from the heat.
- While stirring, carefully pour egg/cream mixture into remaining hot stock.
- Add tapioca.
- Add white wine and watercress.
- Reheat carefully but do not bring to the boil as soup will curdle.
- Swirl in whipped cream and serve in heated soup plates.