1/1 Photo of Cream of Chicken Stew
Amy Duchesne's Note:
Chicken or turkey, celery, carrots, potatoes, onion in a homemade creamy stock. Remove the meat and go vegetarian! I made this recipe up and I love it. It tastes good at any time of the day and for any meal in any season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the 6 chicken thighs with the skin on.
- 2Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove the chicken from the pot.
- 3Turn off the stove and reserve the chicken stock for later use.
- 4Using a knife and fork remove the skin and the bones from the chicken thighs.
- 5Once all of the skin and bones have been discarded, shred or cut up the meat.
- 6Put the meat back into the chicken stock and.
- 7Peel and cube 5 potatoes and add to the stock.
- 8Peel and chop the carrots and add to the stock.
- 9Add the diced onion and chopped celery to the stock also.
- 10Now that all the vegetables are in the pot add more water to cover all of the vegetables and turn on the heat to high.
- 11Add beef bullion and the rest of the seasonings and bring the soup to a boil and keep it at a boil.
- 12Stir often.
- 13Once all of the vegetables are soft and tender melt the the butter or margarine and add the flour to the melted butter until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- 14Add this to the soup and stir until the mixture is completely dissolved.
- 15Boil for 10 minutes longer and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 16Simmer until stew is thickened.
- 17This is a stew or if you prefer a soup then don't add the flour and margarine.
- 18Serving suggestion: serve this stew over toasted bread or biscuits.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.8
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 21.7 g