Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
I was out of Cream of Chicken soup in my pantry and I needed it for dinner. I altered a recipe I found here on Zaar and whipped this up. It may not be exact, but it works and I can't tell the difference at all. I use it instead of a 10 3/4 ounce can. I will use this any time my shelf is bare!
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes (Or 3 tbs fresh)
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml milk
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml flour
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- Over medium heat combine butter, onion, garlic, milk, heavy cream, and chicken broth in medium sauce pan until combined.
- Add flour, salt and pepper and stir until it thickens. (About 3 minutes).
- Just add more flour if you want it thicker.
- Use in any recipe you need it for.
I can not believe this. I didn't have heavy cream so used half & half. It's almost as fast as opening a can! (Especially with the can opener I deal with.) Fantastic sub. Thank you!
I will never buy cream of chicken soup again, I love this recipe. I didn't use heavy cream, instead I substituted light sour cream. It tastes great!
Works great, and tastes just fine. Helps me out for CP Chicken Stroganoff recipes. Thanks!