Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
For people lactose intolerant. Great by itself as just soup or yummy in recipes. We like it over chicken and served with rice.
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves
- salt and pepper
- Bring stock or bouillon to a boil.
- Add vegetables, salt and pepper and return to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Pour into a blender and liquefy.
- Serve hot.
- If soup is too thick, use milk substitute or bouillon to thin.
This is the most wonderful springboard recipe! We have multiple food allergies in our home, so I love that this is dairy and wheat free! I saute' onions in the margerine before adding the liquids, taste great!
This was great. I also had it over chicken with rice. A nice new addition to the dinner rotation.