Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This soup makes a great meal on a cold winter night. Just add a salad and some hot crusty french bread. This also makes a first course for dinner. I like to make this when I have left over baked chicken. If using as a first course or appetizer servings would be for 4. If using as a main dish servings would be for 2
Top Review by N0_0ne
Delicious and simple, I doubled the recipe and used half olive oil and half butter instead of all that butter. and I used all 2% milk instead of any cream and it turned out great, will be using this recipe as a base to all cream soups thanks a million
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large heavy saucepan.
- Add onion, celery and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add flour mixing well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk, cream and broth mixing well.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in chicken and remaining seasonings.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes.