Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe uses 2 cups of cream, if you don't have that, you can substitute milk. It is great on one of these nasty, cold days. I got this recipe from www.marilynmoll.com
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon fines herbes
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth (real if possible)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, water packed
- salt and pepper
- Saute carrots, celery, and onionin butter in a large stock pot for a couple minutes and add cut up chicken breast.
- Stir over medium high heat and add fine herbes and continue sauteing the veggies and chicken mixture for several minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add broth. Simmer about 10 minutes or until veggies are soft. While veggies and chicken are simmering, melt ½ cup butter and stir in the flour in a separate small saucepan and stir for about one minute. Set aside.
- Add the cream, bring soup mixture to boiling, and while soup is boiling rapidly, gradually stir in the butter/flour mixture while whisking very quickly to thicken the soup.
- Drain artichoke hearts,.dice the hearts into fourths or smaller pieces as desired, add to soup, add salt and pepper to taste.