Recipe by Elmotoo
Developed for RSC#11. This soup knocked my socks off. I made more soon after finishing batch #1. It's so creamy - thickened with a roux and topped off with cream. The shallots & white wine make it refined & lovely while the cayenne gives it a nice kick. All while being creamy, dreamy comfort food. It's quick & easy, too. What more could you want??
Top Review by Chef floWer
4 Star - I chose this recipe because I had two cooked chicken breast in the fridge. I ate it on a day were it was getting cool after a hot humid summer day. It really hit the spot, the taste was great, I thought the white wine slightly overpowers the flavour but overall it was really nice. The directions for this soup was simple and easy to read. Thank you RSC #11 Chef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter.
- Saute shallots until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour. Cook a few minutes.
- Add wine & whisk until smooth. Cook until bubbly & thick.
- Add chicken broth, milk, cayenne, salt, & chicken. Bring to just a simmer for 5 minutes to heat through thoroughly & thicken.
- Add cream & bring to a simmer again. Garnish with a sprinkling of parsley & serve.