Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a quick yummy soup recipe. My daughter's absolute favorite soup.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- parsley, to taste
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta or 12 ounces pasta shells
- Boil chicken 1 hour till cooked and tender, remove and shred or chop fine.
- Boil water and add bouillion, chicken, onion, celery and noodles cook 10-12 minutes.
- Add cans of soup, sour cream and parsley continue cooking till heated through.
I cut the recipe in half and used chicken I had already cooked and frozen. I did use homemade chicken broth for the water and the bouillon and followed the rest of the recipe. It is a very tasty soup which I served with some french bread and we had it for lunch. Next time I think I will saute the onion, celery, a little diced up carrots, maybe a small minced garlic clove and add some peas for color. (Plus to sneak in vegies.) There definately will be a next time. Thank you! Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup tag game 2010.
This is good! I thought the flavor was only slightly lacking, so I added seasoned salt and black pepper. I might fool around a little next time with other seasonings, and I think shredded carrot would also be a nice addition. Thanks for sharing!
This was EXCELLENT! It makes a lot, so next time I will "half" the recipe.