Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious and easy soup with ingredients you usually have on hand. I have used rotessire chicken as well as cooking the chicken breasts. Also I usually use chicken broth for the water for a richer flavor.
- 1892.0 ml water
- 1 boneless chicken breast, skinless
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 28.39 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 28.39 ml butter
- 118.29 ml rice, uncooked
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- Bring broth to a boil in a dutch oven. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove chicken from broth to cool, reserving broth in dutch oven.
- Saute carrots, celery, onion and parsley in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic and cook one minute. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add sauteed vegetables and chicken to reserved broth. Stir in rice, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes. Mix together half-n-half and cornstarch; add to soup. Stir until thickened.
I buy rotisserie chicken pieces at Costco and keep them in the freezer for recipes like this. We were under the weather here and I had everything on hand for this so didn't have to drag myself to the store! This was delicious without a lot of work and fuss. Only thing I changes besides the chicken, was adding another garlic clove. Thanks for a keeper. Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.