Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is for all you cream soup lovers like me. Easy, no fuss and great with ham, pork chops or fried chicken. Enjoy!
- 4 large potatoes, washed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 medium onion, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- In a 2 1/2 quart casserole layer some of the potatoes, top with onion slices, dot with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper lightly. Repeat process until all potatoes and onions are used.
- Combine soup and milk; whisk till blended; pour over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes till hot and bubbly and potatoes test tender with a fork.
I thought this was really good....and it does say test the potatoes for doneness. Good one...a keeper
I thought this was an extremely simple and tasty recipe. It reminded me of scalloped potatoes! Next time I think I will add some shredded cheese to the soup/milk mixture. I used red new potatoes and it made a beautiful dish. Everyone thought this this was fantastic!
I made this on 5/7/08 for "A Taste of Yellow 2008 " and as part of our dinner. I did have to make a substitution for the soup,I didn't have what was called for so a creamy chicken verde was used.It was just a little too "spicy " for me ,but my SO really liked it with that soup.It did however take a little over an hour for the potatoes to get fork tender.This will be made again.Thank you for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"