Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- oil, for, sauteing
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- Add salt, peppercorns, carrot, onion and celery to water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook chicken until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- Skim impurities from top of water as the chicken cooks.
- When done, strain remaining stock and set aside.
- Remove meat from bones and set aside.
- Saute diced bell peppers.
- Stir in reserved chicken, set aside.
- In a skillet, combine butter and flour.
- Cook over low heat until the mixture is thick and golden, about 1/2 hour.
- To reserved stock add cream, chicken and peppers and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in flour and butter mixture.
- Add Tabasco to taste.
- Simmer until flavors blend.