3 hrs 25 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1 whole fryer chicken
- oil, for, sauteing
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 1Add salt, peppercorns, carrot, onion and celery to water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook chicken until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- 3Skim impurities from top of water as the chicken cooks.
- 4When done, strain remaining stock and set aside.
- 5Remove meat from bones and set aside.
- 6Saute diced bell peppers.
- 7Stir in reserved chicken, set aside.
- 8In a skillet, combine butter and flour.
- 9Cook over low heat until the mixture is thick and golden, about 1/2 hour.
- 10To reserved stock add cream, chicken and peppers and salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Bring to a boil.
- 12Whisk in flour and butter mixture.
- 13Add Tabasco to taste.
- 14Simmer until flavors blend.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Chicken Pepperpot
Serving Size: 1 (939 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.2
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.8 g
- Cholesterol 237.0 mg
- Sodium 2619.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g