1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1534395's Note:
This is a great recipe that a friend of mine has been bringing to office pot-lucks for years. I just got the recipe from him and made it myself. It's a unique and pretty decadent twist on traditional enchiladas. You can adjust the amount of green chiles and jalapenos to your particular taste. This recipe carries a little bite, but is not particularly hot (even using green chiles rated HOT). To pep it up, use 3 cans of green chiles and 2 cans of jalapenos. For potlucks or freezing, double or triple this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 1 chicken (approximately 1 hour) until thoroughly cooked. Remove from pot and allow to cool. (Reserve the stock you just made for a future soup project). Shred the chicken and set aside.
- 2Simmer together soup, green chiles, jalapenos, sour cream and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. This will serve as your enchilada sauce.
- 3Once sauce is well combined and simmering, remove 2 cups and set aside. Add shredded chicken to remaining sauce and remove from heat.
- 4Heat tortillas in a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or 1/4 tsp of hot oil; just enough to make them soft and pliable. Blot with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- 5Roll approximately 1/4 cup of chicken/sauce mixture and an additional 1tbsp shredded cheese in each tortilla. Lay enchiladas side by side in a 9X13 casserole pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Approximately 8 will fit down the length of the pan, place the other 4 2 abreast alongside them.
- 6Pour reserved 2 cups of sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle remaining shredded cheese (should be about 1 cup) over the top.
- 7Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.8
- Calories from Fat 524
- Total Fat 58.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 207.9 mg
- Sodium 1844.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 53.3 g